Tuesday 3 May 2011

Living with Parents: Part 1

The Pros and Cons of Living with your Parents


Despite what most people might think, living at home when you're nearly thirty certainly has its benefits.  

Sometimes, however, the very same situation that is a "pro" can quickly transform into a "con." 

The following is part 1 of a series I'm calling "The Pros and Cons of Living with your Parents."

Pro: Free Food



Con: Being Forced to Eat Gross Vegetables


*Bitter melon, or bitter gourd, is a vegetable grown in Asia, Africa and the Caribbean.


It also grows like weeds in my backyard.  


Bitter melon tastes EXACTLY as it sounds.  


It is bitterness personified.  


Eating it is like bitterness b*tch-slapped you in the face.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm delicious butter chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, my mom makes me eat the bitter melon before the butter chicken. It ruins the entire experience of butter chicken. Failcake :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I eat more veggies now than when I lived at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vrej, that's because you have gracefully accepted adulthood. That, or you've never eaten bitter melon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand bitter melon. I much prefer broccoli, asparagus or ice cream sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete