Monday 19 December 2011

PROJECT SECRET FRIENDSHIP RENEWAL Package

Though I made the holiday peace offering dinosaur a few weeks back, I haven't had a chance to create the full "package" and plan how I'd deliver the package to the person in question for the following reasons:


1. I have been really busy with work and school
2. I didn't want to send it via post because the handmade items (such as googly eyes) might fall off if they're handled a lot
3. She does not have an easily accessible mailbox
4. I'm pretty sure she is still very bitter about everything (I still don't fully understand some of the reasons for why she is upset...) and my lack of understanding is fueling my insecurity about sending her a peace offering.


I decided to opt NOT to write a message like "I made this holiday dinosaur for you. Can we be friends?" with an attached check "yes" or "no" box because I think it's a bit too direct.  Normally, I am very direct, but knowing that she is the type of person to hold grudges and be very upset about things for long periods of time, I thought it best to sort of say things indirectly.






For those of you who might have trouble with small text, I'll transcribe the message.  It says:


"Dear ________,


This is Steggy, the holiday dinosaur.  He is really happy that it is Christmas and he looks very festive in his red feathers.  He wants to thank you for drawing him and bringing him to life.  He also wants to wish you a very merry Christmas.  I hope he will prove to be a very loyal and fun friend for you!"


I'm hoping she'll find it humorous and less "serious," though I am very serious and eager about moving on and letting bygones be bygones!


Anyway, I just spent a couple hours fashioning a letter and envelope.  I must say that I am proud of my work and I hope she takes this as evidence that I do think about her often and that I do very much want to let the past be the past.  I am not angry anymore and I hope that she has let go of her anger as well... so here it is!  Keep your fingers crossed that she'll at least email or text me that she got it!!!


2 comments:

  1. aww thats soo cute ... who can be made at you after such a nice idea, Hope the holiday season brought you good luck!

    ReplyDelete